Wednesday 18 October 2017

Task 1 - Crate Model Creation Process

Crate Model Creation Process

Now that I have got my timetable planed for this unit, I can now starting thinking about the creation process. I am going to split the model into three separate files. That way I can make multiple duplicates without any lag on my computer. I know I can make all of them in one file, but I can easily transfer them to each one if I want to.

Work to be done in Maya

Here I will create the low/high poly models and add in the UV. Because this is an simple model, I am going to use a lot of symmetry techniques to help make the model feel balanced. Below I will explain the other methods I will be using:

Multi-cut - This too will help me with the bevels and to create some new faces in my model.
Edge Loop - For a more accurate approach and to make the topology feel smooth I will add in the edge loop to help build up the shape of the model.
Append to polygon tool -  More of a way for me to fill out any of the mistakes in the model. I also use it to fill in spots  the "fill" tool wont reach.
Fill Tool - Help me to fill in the whole edge area.
Smooth tool - I will constantly going back and forward through this, so I can get a clear idea of the structure of the mode when it is fully smooth.
Extrude - Helps me to add in new faces and adjust there size and position.
Face selection - If I want to to adjust just one face, then I will use this tool to pick one of them and make the changes.
Chamfer edge - I will only use this tool if I want to make a vertex in my model a quad. All games runs better on quads and so I will always try to keep them as quads.

Work to be done on Substance

Sustenance is the place where I will add in all the texture maps and the high poly model and bake them all into the low poly one. This work method is much more simpler on this software and it save e a lot of time. All of the normal maps and emissive textures will be done here. Depending on the model I will add in some extra maps tat will make the model more cleaner or dirtier.

Work to be done in Unreal

In this engine I will be only making a showcase theme for my crates. All of the assets will be in this single game project and I will make a small room with the correct lighting to help highlight my model. The only blueprint I will be add here is an simple rotation on the caret's stand. I will do it at a slow rotation, so the the viewer will get to see the model details. I will also be showing off the animations this game project and they can be triggered via a button press. 

I have a feeling that I will finish these crates quickly. If so this mean I can rework on them and improve any mistakes I made in my models.   

No comments:

Post a Comment