Thursday 21 December 2017

Task 4 - Actions Taken from Crate Feedback

Actions Taken from Crate Feedback

The feedback that I receive from my peers and my friend from the industry, really helped me to develop my crate designs further. Below is all the feedback I made from the three crates.

Crate 1


For me the first crate was always treated as a test, but still I wanted to improve it a bit. I changed the normals on the side panels to make it more cleaner. I also removed some broken decals designs on the crate to fix the error that was happening on the top part of the crate.

Crate 2


Crate 2 had the biggest changes of them all. I completely reworked the design of the crate so that is stand out more. I was not happy with the first design becasue it felt too plain and simple. With this new version I have put more effort into the normal and height maps to really give the crate some volume.


This also means I had to redo all of the UV too. They are now much cleaner and more spacious. Meaning texture quality of the textures is improved. The last once was a complete mess and there were many way I could improve it. Taking what I learned over the years I made a cleaner version and made proper use of the UV space.

Crate 3

For the crate 3 I did some slight changes. I redesign the decals of the crate so that they feel more rugged and they do not copy the Destiny style too much. I wanted this crate to show more wear and tear and by doing some slight grunge work over the decals, I achieve that style. 



In addition to this I also sorted out some of the light issues with my third crate. I had to make the textures separately so that I do not encounter any artifacts. I also applied this same method to the other assets on this third crate too.






No comments:

Post a Comment