Sunday 17 December 2017

Task 4 - Applying Lighting in the Unreal Scene

Applying Lighting in the Unreal Scene

The Crates Unreal Scene with lighting
With the crates now in my scene I decided to add some lighting effects to them, to further improve their visuals. I did a lot of work with the post processing, change the temperature, bloom and other features to create a scene that is similar to the game. In end result is a scene with a low light which is what I was after, but I feel that it is a bit too dark. The game does use a lot of low lights levels, so it is good to see what they are like in this quality.

In-game footage from the game
I looked through a lot of videos of the game in question in order to get the lighting that I want. I noticed that they used a lot of emissive textures for there assets. There are indeed some present in my models, but not enough to light up a whole room. They seem to also have done some work on the fog density, to crate that gloom feel. For my Unreal scene, I have captured that look, but there are a lot of point light in that scene with their colours set to gold. I still feel there is more work to be done, but for now it is a good scene to show of my crates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment