Saturday 16 December 2017

Task 4 - Models in Unreal

Task 4 - Models in Unreal

With everything complete, I can now move all of my models and put them into unreal. In this Engine I can now add additional details that I could not add before, such as the decals and blueprints.

The crates in the Unreal Engine
 As you can see in the image above I have placed the assets into the two sections. The left side contains all of the animations and the right side has the static meshes. This will allow the player to take a look at both the static mesh and the animated one and see how they function.

Extra Features 

The Crate 3 Texture, saved as a PNG
With the crates added , I added in the decals for the third crate. This was created via the use of Photoshop. In this software I made a power of 2 image with three colours set to the RGB channel. Once done I then sent this over to the engine.

The Crate 3 Decal material
As you can see in the image above I have made some additional changes to the material so I can make it functional. The blend mode has to be set to additive, the shading model to unlit and a rotator to the RGB UV's. Then I can now adjust the speed of the channel so it can rotate. But with the idea in mind I can now take it further by applying some vector movements to the materials, so they can do more then just rotate.

The nova core logo as a decal
With the knowledge of decals I learned form that blueprint I applied it to my Nova core logo. By doing this, it gives my crate more interactivity. The decals are just for show however, but if this crate was taken into the game project blueprints can be added to make them flicker or even change colour to show the stats of the crate itself.

The Nova Core  name decal
As for the name decal, this was done via the use of a panner in the blueprint. By adjusting the speed on the x axis the text will more slowly to the side. I had to make sure that the text is set to the right texture size to avoid any jumping on the animation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment